Charity Bounce and the Australian Basketballers’ Association invite you to walk with them for 2 full days in August 2018 along spectacular sections of the Larapinta Trail in Central Australia (NT) to support Charity Bounce.
The Larapinta Trail is one of Australia’s most spectacular bushwalking and trekking experiences. The opportunity is organised by the regions only locally owned and operated Aboriginal tour company ensuring a deep and rich experience of Central Australia and Indigenous culture.
This is a unique opportunity to raise funds to support Charity Bounce while enjoying a fun, immersive, educational and cultural experience.
Please note there are limited positions available to trek with us so you must pre-register and confirm your space (see how to book below).
*Photos by Jem Cresswell from the Charity Bounce Stand Tall Central Austrtalia tour 2017
TRIP DURATION: 4 days (2 full days of trekking)
ARRIVE: Friday, 3rd August 2018
RETURN: Monday, 7th August 2018
ACCOMMODATION: 2 nights sleeping under the stars on the trek, plus 1 night hotel stay in Alice Springs
TRAVEL COST PER PERSON: $2,500
NON-REFUNDABLE REGISTRATION FEE TO SECURE YOUR PLACE: $1500
MIMIMUM AMOUNT TO BE RAISED FOR CHARITY BOUNCE: $2500
Earn custom trek supplies and equipment by achieving fundraising incentive targets.
• Raise vital funds for Charity Bounce
• Visit the Nyewente Aboriginal community and attend a welcome smoking ceremony
• Attend the new Charity Bounce 3x3 basketball court dedication event at Nyewente
• Spend 2 days walking along the most spectacular sections of the Larapinta Trail with a lead Aboriginal guide, support vehicle and camp manager
• Trek and tour provided by “Larapinta Culture” – the only locally owned Aboriginal tour company to operate these treks
• Learn about the Larapinta Trail’s history directly from traditional owners
• Enjoy an authentic cultural experience related to the land and the natural environment
• Experience Indigenous cultural interactions with traditional owners from 3 generations
• Sleep under the stars (all camping equipment including tents provided)
• 1 nights accommodation at Alice Springs hotel
• Breakfast, morning & afternoon tea, lunch, dinner, fruit & snacks provided daily
• 3 nights of accommodations (2 nights camping and 1 night in a private room at hotel)
• All meals included
• Ground transport in Alice Springs
• Flights NOT included
Please note, these funds cover our costs only and all funds raised for social programs will be achieved through the fundraising activities.
GET YOUR GEAR TOGETHER WITH OUR FUNDRAISING INCENTIVES!
You can earn your custom trek supplies (not available for purchase) and equipment by achieving fundraising incentive targets.
• Flights to alice Springs
• Travel insurance
• Spending money and other incidentals
• Optional gratuities for drivers and guides
*Charity Bounce reserve the right to confirm acceptance as a trek participant as limited spaces are available. Regsiter your interest early to secure your place.
• Comfortable trekking shoes
• Soft bag for your clothes and personal items
• Comfortable shoes to wear at base camp after a long day of trekking (e.g. Ugg boots)
• Layers of light weight clothing
• Sun hat & knit hat (for evenings)
• Expect to share some tasks around the camp such as rolling up your sleeping bag, dishes etc.
• Climate – it’s Winter and a magnificent time of year in Central Australia so expect cold nights and warm clear days
To register and confirm your participation, go to Charity Bounce’s fundraising platform at www.fundraise.charitybounce and submit your details.
Contact Bret Mactavish to request confirmation of your registration and confirmed place.
If you are unable to make the trek but are keen to fundraise you can do so by registering on Charity Bounce’s fundraising platform as a non-participating fundraiser.
Please contact Ian Heininger if you have any questions about fundraising.
Mobile: 0418 430 111
Mobile: 0407 575 405